192.168.1.1 IP address is used to access and configure a routers. For every different manufacturer’s router, their IP address might be different. In maximum time, for any router, their default IP address might be 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
Actually, these IP addresses are the initial gateway for any router. When at a small place we use more than one router then it is necessary to use a different IP address for every different router.
192.168.1.1 Admin Router Login IP address wireless setup
But from my side, I want to suggest you don’t change router’s default password because sometimes it creates a difficult situation to log in/ entering your router’s admin login page.
The reason for not accessing with 192.168.1.1?
In many time if you are trying to access with your router default password 192.168.1.1, then it might happen that you are unable to access with your default IP address. It might have some reason for this. I will mention on the next part of the article that why this kind of problem happens.
- Checking about your Internet connection: If you are accessing your router through PC (windows), then go the start menu and type “RUN”, after hitting that again type “CMD”.
Then a pop-up window will create in front your desktop. On that window type “ping 192.168.1.1” and hit enter. After that, if your result is “REPLY FROM 192.168.1.1” which indicates your network is ok and on the other side if it shows “REQUEST TIME OUT” which means that your wireless router is not connected to your PC.
Possible reasons for this kind of problem:
At present, your computer’s IP property isn’t set to its default position.
Might be your router’s internal setting will be conflict from its default configuration setting.
With the common network of your router, your computer connected to the different network as a default one.
Another one, your routers default gateway is different.
Most common problem is your computer browser will set with a different proxy setup.
These are the common problem for a router to a fault connecting purpose.
- Cable connection: From a few years back all the routers have only LAN connection. That means if you have LAN and has a LAN connection port on your PC/laptop, then only you can connect to that router. If your LAN isn’t connected with your default device, then you can’t be able to access that router.
- Router internal setting: Another popular setting is your router’s internal access mode. At first, you need to access your routers default IP address with 192.168.1.1 then select ‘setup Wizard’ and change the connection mode to your relevant network.
Suppose you are accessing your router with normal SIM internet connection then you should use PPPOE. Because this connection is only for a dial-up connection. And the “Static” one is for other internet connection such like if you are using any external internet connection for your router.
These are the common problem that you need to know if your router if not connecting properly with your device and with the internet connection.
Configuring your router with IP address:
If your router’s entry gateway sets with different IP address and you, want to change it with 192.168.1.1. In maximum cases everyone doing this with a manual way, but that purpose in the next time you are unable to open your entry gateway. So, I mention about the solution on the next part of the article.
- At first, connect with LAN and connect to a power source. Then switch ON the wireless key and check with the command prompt that Is your router is working properly or not, as I mention before.
- Then go to IP setting and change it to your desired IP address like 192.168.1.1 by changing your old IP address and other subnet and gateway will be normally same.
- After all of that if you are still unable to connect to your router for internet connection, then only one last step is left which is you need to Restore that particular router. I think this will help you a lot.
So, here are all the normal possible steps that you need to follow if your router is not connecting normally. In that article, I mention all the possible technique that you can follow if your router is not connecting or you want to access any router with 192.168.1.1. I think this article will help you a lot.